THE PIONEERS IN KOSHER GOURMET DINING
Contemporary Cuisine • Sumptuous, Straightforward, Healthy
VERY IMPORTANT: Please refrigerate the food immediately. Leave the kosher seal on. The seal should be broken by the guest or by staff in the presence of the guest.
ROOM TEMPERATURE FOOD & HORS D’ OEUVRES
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve the sealed plate to the diner, who will personally remove the wrapping & tape.
HORS D’ OEUVRES
- Place sealed on the table set up for Kosher guests.
- The first guest will personally remove the seal, or ask the attendant to do so in the guests’ presence.
Hot Canapés and Buffet Items
- Reheat in an oven set at a temperature no higher than 350ºF for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place in a chafer completely sealed (either yours or one provided by LEVANA).
- Do not light the sterno or remove the seals unless one Kosher guest is present.
- They will either do it themselves or have a server do it in their presence.
Applies to microwavable dishes and china plates (without foil).
- Reheat the sealed dish on medium to medium-low heat until it is hot to the touch.
- Soup is always reheated in the microwave. It will come in a disposable dish.
- If china is requested, the reheated soup (still sealed) can be transferred into the accompanying china bowl in the guest’s presence.
Applies to aluminum containers and china plates only.
- All hot items on china plates are double wrapped with aluminum foil and then kosher sealed.
- Reheat in an oven that is no higher than 350 degrees, or you risk having the tape melt, which would destroy the kosher seal. Serve sealed. The guests will remove seal themselves.
- All items can be reheated in a steamer for approximately 6-7 minutes, or when the container is hot to the touch (china, double-wrapped china, microwave, plastic and aluminum).
SALADS, COLD APPETIZERS, DESSERTS
- Keep refrigerated until served
BREADHave bread plate placed at guest’s table, along with the flatware, as soon as they’re seated, or when the first course is served.
DO NOT REMOVE SEALS, PLASTIC WRAP OF FOIL FROM FOOD, BREAD OR UTENSILS, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUESTED BY DINER, IN WHICH CASE IT SHOULD BE DONE IN THE DINER’S PRESENCE.